divendres, 15 de maig del 2009

Observation of your oral presentation

Did you use any resources?Yes, we used a PowerPoint and we included videos and photos.
Were the resources relevant and attractive?I think that they looked fine which was our intention.
Did you look at your audience most of the time?I think that yes mainly because this time I wasn’t very nervous.Did you read from your notes?I think that no so much because I knew the text very well.
Did you do any gestures/movement to hold the attention of your audience?I moved a lot my hands, but I did it unconsciously.Did you organize you ideas in order of importance?I organized them as order of the presentation.
Did you use discourse markers to make you ideas more clear? I don’t think so.
Did you introduce interesting, new information to your audience?Of course. I showed them some of the causes and consequences of malaria and some more interesting things.
Did you look up information in the Internet?Yes I searched in the interned for a lot of information.Was your information more superficial or more detailed?I think it was detailed because we needed some technical words and information about the virus.
Did you check your grammar?Yes I used the World corrector and some dictionaries.
Did you use rich vocabulary looking up to the dictionary?Yes, I did.Did you use sentence linkers?Yes, because I needed them to talk clearly.
Did you use fillers?I think that maybe not so much.
Did you know how to pronounce all your words?Yes, I checked it but I think that I didn’t pronounce all of them well because I was nervous.
Did you change your tone of voice or use a monotone tone all the time?I changed a little bit the tone to make the presentation less boring, but I wasn’t changing the tone at all the time because it wasn’t monotone.
Did you speed in a fluid continuum or with breaks and interruptions?I think that I spoke in a fluid continuum but the teacher didn’t think that.
What mark did you get?I know that my mark is a 7,7 but I’m sure that I should have a better mark because I think that I did a good presentation and I knew the text very well. This is only my opinion of course, but I am not satisfied with the mark because some people have better mark than me and I don’t think that their presentation were better than mine. But obviously I know that I am not a good student at teacher’s eyes.