divendres, 6 de març del 2009

Observation of your oral presentation

Did you use any resources?
Yes, we used a PowerPoint and we included videos, photos and music.
Were the resources relevant and attractive?
I think that they looked fine.Did you look at your audience most of the time?
I think that yes, but there were some moments which I were looking at the text.
Did you read from your notes?
A little bit but not too much because when I forgot what I must say I improvised. Did you do any gestures/movement to hold the attention of your audience?
I moved a lot my hands, but I did it unconsciously.
Did you organize you ideas in order of importance?
I organized them as order of the presentation.Did you use discourse markers to make you ideas more clear? I don’t think so.Did you introduce interesting, new information to your audience?
Of course, I told them which places can they visit in Jamaica and who is Usain Bolt.Did you look up information in the Internet?
Yes I searched in the interned for a lot of information.
Was your information more superficial or more detailed?
I think it was superficial because we only needed to give a generally information about Jamaica.Did you check your grammar?
Yes I used the World corrector and some dictionaries. Did you use rich vocabulary looking up to the dictionary?
Yes, I did.
Did you use sentence linkers?
Yes, because I needed them.Did you use fillers?
I am not very sure but I think that yes.Did you know how to pronounce all your words?
Yes, I checked it but I think that I didn’t pronounce all of them well because I was nervous.Did you change your tone of voice or use a monotone tone all the time?
I changed a little bit the tone to make the presentation less boring.Did you speed in a fluid continuum or with breaks and interruptions?
I think that I spoke with some breaks but not too much.What mark did you get?
I don’t know my mark but about the teacher checks, I am very happy with my Catalan accent!